2021 BLUEBERRY SEASON: ENDED 8/6/21
We are now open to the public for Pick-Your-Own Blueberries in 2021. The picking season typically begins around July 15th and ends around August 31st.
We will have a recorded telephone message describing current picking conditions and Covid-related precautions and procedures. Our phone number is (802) 333-4155.
A portion of our blueberry crop is donated to WILLING HANDS, a volunteer organization that harvests fresh crops and delivers them to area families facing food insecurity.
We wish you a safe and healthy summer, and we look forward to greeting you during the 2022 blueberry season.
Welcome to Wild Hill Organic Blueberries!
Wild Hill Organics is a beautiful organic blueberry farm nestled up in the hills of West Fairlee, Vermont. In July and August we welcome people to pick their own organic blueberries and in September and October, in years when the trees set fruit, there are processing apples for applesauce and cider.
Our farm is naturally, lovingly tended. We are dedicated to raising fruit in a way that benefits the soil, the wildlife, and you. Thus we use only organic fertilizers, certain biodynamic preparations, and give plenty of personal attention to each plant.
Blueberry season begins around July 15th - 20th, though it depends on climate and seasonal weather conditions. Peak picking is generally around August 6th. It is always advisable to call for current picking conditions..
We are generally open daily at dawn and close the gate to the blueberry meadow at 7:00 P.M. or dusk, whichever is earlier.
We have pre-measured buckets for pickers to use, and we provide pint and quart containers for you to take your berries home.
To preserve the freshness of your berries, we suggest that you refrigerate or freeze them as soon as possible.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
- We do not have public rest room facilities, so please use your own rest room facilities before you come.
- Shirts and shoes, sneakers or sandals are required.
- Pets are not allowed in the blueberry meadow, due to health and safety considerations.
- There is no cellphone or WiFi reception on Wild Hill, so put your devices away and enjoy being outside in Nature without the distraction of electronics.
- Please call (802) 333-4155 for recorded updates on picking conditions and current closing hours..
We look forward to your visit !